EXERCISE AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
Exercise and physical activities are a sure key to feel better and to have good health. It can have both immediate and long-term benefits. It can cure many deadly diseases. Use it, or lose it, goes the saying, it is an admitted fact that if we use any organ frequently it becomes strong otherwise it becomes weak. Same is the case with our body if we use it, it becomes strong and if we don’t use it, it becomes weak and we lose it earlier, Our muscles become flabby and weak our heart, lungs and other parts won’t work efficiently, Our joints become stiff. Inactivity is as risky to health as smoking is. The uses of exercise are innumerous.
• Helps prevent diseases:- Regular exercise is necessary for physical fitness and good health. It reduces the risk of heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes and other diseases. It improves appearance and delays the ageing process.
• Controls weight:- Exercise is the main factor to control weight because it burns more calories than you take.
• Exercise boosts energy:- Regular exercise improves your muscle strength and boost your endurance. Exercise improves the health of heart and lungs and in turn, they boost energy.
• Exercise promotes better sleep:- Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep within a very short time and enjoy a sound and deep sleep. Take care that you don’t exercise too close to bedtime.
• Exercise improves mood and brain health:- Exercise stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed.
• Improves quantity and quality of life:- Exercise reduces stress, lifts mood and helps you sleep better. Because of exercise one can have a longer and better and span of life. It can keep you looking and feeling younger through your entire life.
• Exercise puts the spark back into your sex life:- Regular physical activity exercise can lead to enhance arousal for women and are less likely to have a problem with erectile than the men who don’t exercise.
• Exercise can be a fun:- While exercising you meet with your friends, you enjoy it and don’t feel bored and it becomes a fun for you.
• It enhances flexibility and strength of the limbs:- Stretching exercises are important for good postures and for making limbs more flexible and strong.
• Exercise improves stamina:- It improves stamina by training your body to become more efficient and use less energy for the same amount of work.
Exercise and brain health:-
Exercise improves brain health, researches and experience tell that exercise is a powerful medicine and elderly men may reap sufficient rewards by simply staying in motion for as long as possible each day. A noted Australian study found that the people who exercised daily and vigorously had a six times less risk of dying from heart diseases. There is no other medicine on the earth that can do such kind of a miracle.
Results show that people who exercise usually have better performances in connection with cognitive tasks as exercise lower the level of inflammatory cytokines. Exercise helps protect your brain function.
Researches show that exercising increases the sharpness of mind. Physical exercise has also been found to protect against other age-related brain changes. Those who exercise the most experience the least shrinkage of mind rather exercise causes your brain to grow in size.
A study conducted by the University of its Pittsburg founds that even adults aged 60-80 who walked for 30-45 minutes daily for one year showed a 2% increase in the volume of their brain portion pertaining to memory. This experiment was also conducted on the mice and the results were the same.
Studies conducted in 2001 by Lauren colleagues suggested that exercise lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s disease which is the 3 rd most lethal global disease. They increase the number of cells and thus increase the memory and the health of the muscular system.
Exercise for longevity:-
Exercising daily for 30-40 minutes is a panacea for good health and longevity. These exercises lower your risk of heart diseases even if you have a risk factor. Nothing can beat the role of exercising when it comes to reducing the risk for cardiac diseases.
You can reap 80% benefits of a good life with the best available diet and for the rest 20% benefits, we will have to take the help of exercise to reach the highest level of longevity.
Exercises of longevity can be classified as under:-
• Endurance exercises:- Such as brisk walking or jogging, dancing, moving and digging.
• Strength exercises:- Such as weightlifting.
• Flexibility exercises:- Such as yoga, shoulder and upper arm stretch.
• Balancing exercises:- Such as standing on one foot.
• Stand up every 15 minutes:- Stand up after every 15 minutes and do one legged squat.
• Regular brisk walking:- It can cut heart diseases to half, the more the exercise the less the risk of heart attack. Walking also cuts stroke risk in elderly men researches claims the walking for at least 1 or 2 hours daily can cut a man’s stroke by as much as 1/3 rd. It does not better how brisk the walking was. Taking 3 hours long walk daily slashed the risk by 2/3 rd.
Yoga the way of life
Yoga is 5000 years old. Though many people think of yoga as a physical exercise where people twist, turn, stretch and breathe in the most complex ways but these are actually the most superficial aspect of the performances of unfolding the infinite potentials of the human mind and soul. The science of yoga imbibes in itself the complete essence of the way of life including Gyan yoga and Bhakti yoga.
Special benefits of yoga:-
The benefits of the yoga are the same as those of other exercises but yoga has a special benefit to claim it can cure the incurable diseases. This can turn impossible to possible it is termed as the king of the exercises. People who find no cure for their diseases, take up yoga as a last hope and they are always blessed.
Jogging is trotting or running at a slow or leisurely pace. The main intention is to increase physical fitness with stress from the body than from faster running or to maintain a steady speed for longer periods of life.
Benefits of jogging:-
It helps prevent hypertension, heart disease, cancer and diabetes. It improves mental fitness, combat stress and helps lose weight and reduces body- fat levels.
These are becoming more and more popular these days as they are considered bodybuilders. Their curricula include all items from dancing to boxing, skating, swimming, wrestling, sword and dagger fighting. They also include self-defence and physical therapy to help the sick and the injured. Their sole aim is improving physical fitness and self-defence. There are exercises for all age groups starting from 6 to onwards.
Exercise and secretions of hormones:-
There is an effect of graded exercise on the secretion of growth hormones, thyroid stimulating hormones and follicle stimulating hormones. During exercise, our body secrets them which are responsible for good health and longevity. The powers of good sweat are well known. When you move about or exercise your muscles to release hormones.
• Hormone Iris:-
Exercise causes it to break off into your bloodstream and circulate throughout your body. This hormone reprograms fat cells to burn more energy instead of storing. It boost metabolic rate and helps you shed flab. It saves from many diseases such as cancer, heart diseases and Alzheimer’s.
• Hormone testosterone:-
It is the primary male sex hormone secreted in your testicles that powers sex drive. Your body uses circulating testosterone to build muscles. Low level of it may contribute to heart diseases including blood plots and an abnormal heart rhythms as well as type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
Hormones peptide YY
What is it?
A hormone secreted on your gut that acts on areas of the brain to reduce appetite and increase fullness after a meal.
How it works?
Exercise increases the levels of this hormone which may make you less hungry after a workout. A study says that weight-bearing exercises like jumping rope has a greater effect on PYY than weight-bearing exercises such as cycling and swimming.
• Hormone serotonin:-
It is a chemical responsible for happiness, restful sleep and a healthy appetite. Regular workout releases it the more the serotonin the more the energy and the clearer thinking.
• Hormone dopamine:-
This hormone is responsible for weight gaining the more the exercise the less the weight gain.
•How often should we exercise
Exercise has all sorts of benefits. The benefits of any exercise program will diminish if it is disrupted time and again. A stop and start routine will lead you to nowhere. It may cause you injuries. Regular exercise is the most important factor to achieve the best results. People think that more exercise is better. It is wrong. Doing too much and too soon and too intense exercise daily may have bad effects on your body such as muscles/straining and loss of fitness level. Excess of every thing is bad.
Things to remember
•Taking exercise is like taking life-medicine. Don’t forget about it.
• Do it! And the more the frequent, the better it is.
•Aim for at least 30 minutes’ of physical activity daily.
• Observe everyday activities as a good opportunity to be healthy.
• Try to find time for some regular and vigorous exercise for good health.
• Minimize the amount of time spent in prolonged sitting and break the long period
by standing as often as possible.
• To be healthy or sick is in your hands.
• If you take exercise daily, you will feel becoming younger with the passing of each
day even in your old age. Exercise will make you ever look healthy and young all the